Well, after a few days of working on it and many days of brainstorming and preparation, the crownpiece of a picture for DeviantART is finally done. The final picture for 2012, and certainly the most grandest and most sophisticated one of all, the one that I'm sure all who are watching me are waiting for.
So, now, I present to you: THE NEW YEAR'S EVE PARTY PICTURE FOR 2012 TO SAY GOODBYE TO THE OLD YEAR AND WELCOME IN THE NEW YEAR!
Twenty-five characters are in this picture, all having drinks and a celebration inside a luxury banquet room, all dressed in funky costumes having a chat. This is the first time that I used a scenario outside the usual dark background/fireworks combination. And here is the lowdown on the characters that are in the picture, from left to right:
1. - LARS Costume: Wizard Lars, you are a great friend, and a great cartoonist as well. Your drawings are stellar and very humorous to look at, which is a great thing to say. I've drawn you dressed as a wizard. He's ready to cast spells in 2013! Maybe a few fireworks?
2. - YOSHI Costume: Navy Sailor Yoshi has arrived at my party, dressed as a Navy Sailor. Can he sail the seven seas into 2013 and give us a nice cruise? Or perhaps some sea caterpillars?
3. - JAKE JETSPEED Costume: Crocodile Hunter/Steve Irwin Tara M, you're a great artist and an awesome illustrator, and don't worry about your ex. You're better off on your own, I'm sure. I've drawn Jake Jetspeed for you. Hope he's good in my style. He's dressed as a Crocodile Hunter. Can he impersonate Steve Irwin for the new year?
4. - TRACY FOXY Costume: Japanese Britazzy/Brithany, you're a cool illustrator, a great artist and a good friend. For this I've drawn Tracy Foxy for you, in a cute Japanese yukata and zori. Can she go Kawaii in 2013 and grace us all with the taste of Japan?
5. - TJ CAT Costume: Gangster T.J, you're a loyal friend, a great cartoonist, and we are united in our opposition to communism. For this, I've drawn your fursona as a gangster. He's ready to launder in some money in 2013, it looks like. Foist, it's time to party though.
6. - MARIO Costume: Hip-Hop Look who's come to the party. It's Mario, the plumber who saved the Mushroom Kingdom from Bowser many times, dressed as a Hip-Hop rapper, complete with bling and side-turned cap. He's ready to rap into the New Year, that's for sure! He's toasting Tracy here.
7. - BOWSER JR. Costume: German It seems Bowser's mini-me has joined my NYE celebrations. Bowser Jr's dressed as a German and he's ready to drink some beer in 2013. But first, he's playing with my soda goblets! Ja, Ja, Nein, Nein!
8. - CRUNCHINATOR Costume: Egyptian Justin, you're my most loyal friend, and I can't thank you anymore for that. You supported me when others ignored me, and I thank that. For that, I drew you in Egyptian attire. He's giving 2013 an Egyptian touch, that is for sure!
9 - PRINCESS DAISY Costume: Balinese Dancer Princess Daisy has come to my party, dressed as a Balinese Dancer. She's giving us that Indonesian grace in 2013. May she flaunt her beauty in front of us, we dare say?
10. - ROBIN SLAUGHTER Costume: Scottish Robin, you're a good friend, and a great artist. Some of your work is really funky. For that I drew your fursona Robin Slaughter as a Scotsman. Maybe he'll do some highland dancing into 2013?!
11. - ZAMBA Costume: Native American Shiva, you're a cool artist and an even cooler friend. For this I've drawn Zamba, that fish-like creature for you, dressed as a Native American. I think it fits him very well, don't you think? He might do some sun dances into 2013, that's for sure!
12. - PRINCESS PEACH Costume: Hawaiian Girl Princess Peach Toadstool, the monarch of the Mushroom Kingdom has come to my party dressed as a Hawaiian Girl. She'll go Aloha and troppo into 2013, that's for sure. Maybe she'll sing us some Hawaiian songs as well?
13. - R.S. LION Costume: Fantasy Hero Well, being the creator of this picture, I can't leave myself out. So here's my lion fursona, dressed as a fantasy hero for the big NYE party that I am hosting. Can I become a big hero for the new year, or will I become another has-been?
14. - DORA Costume: Sorceress Talking to me, it seems is Dora the Dog, dressed as a sorceress. She might give us some arcane tricks into 2013, perhaps. And your art is awesome, and you're a great friend, I must say. Congratulations on winning my contest!
15. - PRINCESS ROSALINA with LUMA Costume: Hippie It seems that the Mushroom Galaxy protector, Princess Rosalina has joined my party dressed as a Hippie. She'll make love, not war into the new year, it seems. Her Luma might be the one to start it.
16. - VEGAS Costume: Race Car Driver Edwin, you're a good friend, and a cool artist, and don't worry about what I said to you before, let's get over it. I've drawn Vegas for you, dressed as a race car driver. He's ready to do some motor racing into 2013 by the looks of it. And congratulations on coming second in my contest!
17. - BOWSER Costume: Roman Guess who's come to my party? It's none other than that devious chunky, fat, soft orange monster known as King Bowser Koopa, the most sinister that many will ever see. He's dressed as a Roman Caesar and it seems he wants to rule the party into 2013! And he wants his feet licked as well, it seems!
18. - TREY SHARK Costume: Aladdin TK-Dragon, you're a cool artist, an awesome character maker and a great friend to have. For this, I've drawn your new character Trey Shark for you, dressed in an Aladdin costume. Will he look for some genie's wishes in 2013?
19. - FAKE DAXTER Costume: Party Ensemble Wolfcub, you're a great friend, a great artist and you have some of the most awesomest characters ever. Like Fake Daxter, whom I've drawn here, dressed in party gear complete with a large "NYE" necklace. He's ready to pop some champagne and streamers in 2013. it seems.
20. - BIRDO Costume: Brazilian Carnival Birdo has arrived at my NYE party dressed in a Carmen Miranda style outfit, complete with fruit headdress that signifies the Brazilian Carnival! She'll go Carnivale in 2013!
21. - LUIGI Costume: Irish Mario's brother, Luigi, has arrived at the NYE party dressed as an Irishman, complete with top hat and green bowtie. Can he make 2013 lucky for all of us with that Irish luck?
22. - JUBA JAGUAR Costume: Elegant Lady Juliana, you're a great artist, an awesome character maker and a good friend. For this, I've drawn Juba Jaguar for you, dressed as an elegant lady. It seems she wants to go into 2013 in style and luxury!
23. - NYCHUS Costume: Maori Nychus, you're a cool pal, a good artist, and I love your ponies! For this, I've drawn Nychus pony for you, dressed as a Maori Maiden. She'll do the Haka or the poi ball dances in 2013, by the looks of it. Kia Ora!
24. - WRAVEN TAZZICOOT Costume: Chinese Laura, you're a great artist, and a good friend to have. For this I drew Wraven Tazzicoot for you, dressed in Chinese attire complete with Coolie hat. He's giving us that Oriental touch in 2013 with that outfit, that is for sure!
25. - PENE/BENJAMIN CAT Costume: Magistrate Benjamin, you're a cool pal, and an even greater illustrator. Some of your big illustrations are extremely nice, I must say! For this I drew your cat fursona, dressed as a magistrate. Watch out everyone, Benjamin's enforcing the law at my party as we go into 2013!
And that ladies and gentlemen, is it. FOR ALL OF YOU, I WANT TO SAY HAPPY NEW YEAR AND GOOD LUCK IN TWENTY-THIRTEEN!
I want you all to enjoy this lovely picture and for once I hand-painted the background. Hope it's nice! Also read the dialogue! It's the first time in a NYE picture that I included dialogue in the picture!
Done in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop CS5. Background hand-painted with Liquitex Ink and a few Holbein pencils.
NYE Picture (c) 2012 Robin Ngai. All characters (c) their respective owners. P.S. Full view to get a better look of your characters and to see the dialogue more clearly. N.B. You may also view this Flash file: [link] to see your characters by themselves in more detail.
I haven't commented on this?! What the-- Maybe I wished you happy NY some other way (Note / Comment)... Can't remember, because I wished happy Xmas & NY to a lot of people. But anyways, this probably took a lot of time to do and I really like the idea that you tend to give people some neat costumes to wear.
Man, I think this has definitely got to be the best New Years pic you've done yet. The amount of characters + background/theme in this are really wicked.
Haha I love the outfit you gave my character and also how I'm the drunk one. The colours/outfit actually fit them quite well. Dig the way you drew its antlers and especially how you made the tail thin and scruffy! (people usually mistake it for a squirrel tail).
Always nice to see familiar characters here as well. I adore how you added Crunchinator that head piece (perfect reminder of Crash Bandicoot WARPED!) and Juba's overall look looks awesome as hell too. Gotta say she fits best for your style.
Sorry for such the short comment... I'm still dealing with my eye problem so right now commenting on dA is kinda at 'short or nothing'.
I really appreciate this though! Hope 2o13 is a good year for you and all of us.
Oh wow! Now this is something I wasn't expecting But it sure is a nice surprise to see after coming home from holiday (yes, I just got home a few hours ago!) and it's so awesome to see Jake here as Steve Irwin XD he's awesome and means a lot to me, and it's very fitting to have Jake dressed as him too, since his personality is a little similar (and he has a slight hint of Aussie accent too) he came out pretty well in your style for a first time and everybody else is looking pretty good too! Very good work, and thanks a lot I appreciate it a lot!
Hi everyone!Today I
really nice having
such a huge support
from you guys, so I
want to do this
little raffle as a
thank you to
you. <3My free
time is really
limited, so I we'll
have only 1 winner
To join this raffle,
OH MY GOD THERE IS A
SNEAK PEAK TO THE
FIRST CHAPTER OF
HOUSE OF HADES THAT
CAME IN THE E-BOOK
VERSION OF SON OF
ahplz:What do you
I once met someone
who was determined
not to use a D-SLR
until he had
mastered a Manual
Camera first. I
thought he was a bit
stuck up, maybe a
little arrogant of
his own abilities
he was right. You
will not truly value
you go right back to
basics and learn
Alright, I am
feeling generous to
points free to
lucky draw by just
faving :+fav: this
journal to enter
that's all!How will
the lucky draw be
held?A random number
generator will be
used to choose one
random winner and
that deviant will be
`ChewedKandi has certainly gone out of her way to keep the vector community on the right path. Always making sure that her talents are infinitely scalable, Sharon has put her bezier curves to excellent use, and firmly anchored herself as an inspirational leader. We're absolutely delighted to bestow the Deviousness Award for June 2013 to `ChewedKandi. Congratulations, Sharon! Read More